Apparently, I’ve been so busy I haven’t even had a chance to update my progress on my goals … for 5 months. Sheesh.
Here we go:
1. Complete the NGS Home Study Course by June. This is by far my most important goal for this year.
Actually making progress on this one. I’ve submitted another lesson and have completed all off-site assignments on two more lessons. At this pace, I might be done by next March.
2. Attend IGHR in June. I want to finish the NGS-HSC before I do this. Done! 3. Attend FGS in Ft. Wayne in August. Done!
4. Get into a ProGen Study Group by July.
I was placed in ProGen 20 and 21, but had to postpone my participation due to still trying to finish my home study course. But I’m on the list for the next round … again.
5. Perform a census survey/census search for each direct-line individual on my tree through my 2nd great grandparents.
Worked my way through my great-grandparents. Now I’m working on the 2nd greats. Slow going.
6. Obtain DNA tests for my maternal uncle, my maternal grandmother, and my father.
DNA results are back for my uncle. Unfortunately, my grandmother’s sample was insufficient for testing, and she passed away in April. I’m working on getting one (or both) of her living siblings to submit samples for me. I’ve ordered my dad’s kit and will be sending it to him. I’m also going to order a yDNA test for my uncle. Still working on this one.
7. Double-check source citations in RootsMagic for accuracy. I’d like to get through my 2nd great grandparents on this one too.
I think this will always be a work in progress. Very slow going on this one.
8. Blog at least twice per week. I’ve really fallen off on this and I want to get back on track.
May through September, and I only have 23 posts (including this one). That’s an average of about one per week. However, I also now have my Book of Me blog, where I have also written 5 blog posts.
9. Add 5 new ancestor biographies to my website and update WikiTree accordingly.
10. Contribute at least two articles to society quarterly. Done!
11. Transfer website and blog to new host. This will involve a complete redesign of my website, relinking of all my toolbox links, and transferring my blog to WordPress. Done. 12. Join APG – probably the Second Life chapter. Done.
13. Continue my indexing efforts for FamilySearch. I’d like to index a minimum of 100 records per month. (I know this seems low, but in light of goals #1-4, I’d like to actually be able to meet this!)
I don’t even want to talk about it.
I can’t believe this year is almost over. Where does the time go? On a more positive note, I will mention that I have had an influx of new data and ephemera come into my life in the past few months, which may have had some effect on my progress. That new data potentially adds another 4-5 generations to one of my branches, and all the new ephemera gives me new insight into my grandfather’s adopted family – so I’m adding them to my tree too. I have a trip planned to the Ridgefield, NJ Public Library with my mom and 2 of her sisters to find and scan some of my great grandfather’s scrapbooks and to walk around the neighborhood where they lived. Very exciting!
One foot in front of the other, right?
Do we share ancestors? Email me: lostancestors AT gmail DOT com
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.