Oops … I missed updating my goals last month. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear there was much to update anyway.
Here’s an update on my 2013 goals:
1. Complete the NGS Home Study Course by June. This is by far my most important goal for this year.
I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not be finished with my course by June. Finding time to visit repositories when they are open AND working a full-time job are two things that do not play nicely together. I’ll keep plugging away.
2. Attend IGHR in June. I want to finish the NGS-HSC before I do this.
Signed up for Course 2. Can’t wait!
3. Attend FGS in Ft. Wayne in August.
I’m all registered, hotel reservations made. Looking forward to this one!
4. Get into a ProGen Study Group by July.
I was placed in ProGen 20, but had to postpone my participation due to still trying to finish my home study course. Plus, with IGHR and FGS coming up, I felt like I would be unable to devote the time I wanted, which I thought would be a disservice to the study group. But I’m on the list for the next round.
5. Perform a census survey/census search for each direct-line individual on my tree through my 2nd great grandparents. (See this post for explanation)
I’m systematically working backwards through my pedigree chart, and so far I’ve done two. Good thing I gave myself a year to finish this one.
6. Obtain DNA tests for my maternal uncle, my maternal grandmother, and my father.
DNA results are back for my uncle. Unfortunately, my grandmother’s sample was insufficient for testing, and now I can’t get another sample. I’m working on getting one (or both) of her living siblings to submit samples for me.
7. Double-check source citations in RootsMagic for accuracy. I’d like to get through my 2nd great grandparents on this one too.
A work in progress … STILL
8. Blog at least twice per week. I’ve really fallen off on this and I want to get back on track.
11 total posts for March and April together … only averaging about 1 per week. I already have several in the pipeline for May though, so it should be a better month.
9. Add 5 new ancestor biographies to my website and update WikiTree accordingly.
10. Contribute at least two articles to society quarterly.
11. Transfer website and blog to new host. This will involve a complete redesign of my website, relinking of all my toolbox links, and transferring my blog to WordPress. Done. 12. Join APG – probably the Second Life chapter. Done.
13. Continue my indexing efforts for FamilySearch. I’d like to index a minimum of 100 records per month. (I know this seems low, but in light of goals #1-4, I’d like to actually be able to meet this!)
Still working on finding the time to sit down and focus on some indexing.
Clearly, I still have a lot of work to do. I remember when a year seemed like enough time!Do we share ancestors? Email me: lostancestors AT gmail DOT com
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.