Well, February has come and gone. Whoever said “the older you get, the faster it goes” wasn’t kidding!
Here’s an update on my 2013 goals:
1. Complete the NGS Home Study Course by June. This is by far my most important goal for this year.
Lesson 7 is underway. Still waiting to get my hands on some church records to finish. Lessons 8 and 9 are underway as well, and I hope to have all of them submitted before the end of March.
2. Attend IGHR in June. I want to finish the NGS-HSC before I do this.
Signed up for Course 2. Can’t wait!
3. Attend FGS in Ft. Wayne in August.
Fortunately, I’ll have until July 1 to register with the earlybird discount.
4. Get into a ProGen Study Group by July.
I received my confirmation email in January – now I’m just waiting to hear when I’m placed in a group.
5. Perform a census survey/census search for each direct-line individual on my tree through my 2nd great grandparents. (See this post for explanation)
I’m systematically working backwards through my pedigree chart, and so far I’ve done two. Good thing I gave myself a year to finish this one.
6. Obtain DNA tests for my maternal uncle, my maternal grandmother, and my father.
I ordered 2 DNA tests from 23andMe on February 18. Given the hullaballoo that occurred when I placed the order, I’m going to wait to see what happens with the testing and results before I order any more. I ordered a $39 Y-DNA test from Family Tree DNA for my dad, which I will likely upgrade to a higher level test at some point in the future.
7. Double-check source citations in RootsMagic for accuracy. I’d like to get through my 2nd great grandparents on this one too.
A work in progress …
8. Blog at least twice per week. I’ve really fallen off on this and I want to get back on track.
Hooray! I was a blogging MACHINE this month … 16 total posts!
9. Add 5 new ancestor biographies to my website and update WikiTree accordingly.
10. Contribute at least two articles to society quarterly.
11. Transfer website and blog to new host. This will involve a complete redesign of my website, relinking of all my toolbox links, and transferring my blog to WordPress. Done. 12. Join APG – probably the Second Life chapter. Done.
13. Continue my indexing efforts for FamilySearch. I’d like to index a minimum of 100 records per month. (I know this seems low, but in light of goals #1-4, I’d like to actually be able to meet this!)
No indexing done this month either – although I did notice a lot of problems the indexers were having with the stability of the site. So maybe it’s just as well. I’ll try harder next month.
Clearly, I still have a lot of work to do. Good thing I still have 10 months left to get it done!Do we share ancestors? Email me: lostancestors AT gmail DOT com
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.