2012 turned out to be quite a year! I attended my first national genealogy conference (FGS) in August, which in turn motivated me to start working toward my certification. I made several new friends and reconnected with many old friends at the conference too.
I made it through the first 5 lessons of the NGS Home Study Course, so that’s about 30% done. I gave a presentation on social media to my genealogical society, and wrote two articles for the quarterly. I was also
tricked waterboarded elected as Secretary of my genealogical society for 2013. Most importantly, I learned a LOT (genealogically speaking) about research, new resources, and citations.
Obviously, there is still much to learn, which brings me to my goals for 2013:
1. Complete the NGS Home Study Course by June. This is by far my most important goal for this year.
2. Attend IGHR in June. I want to finish the NGS-HSC before I do this.
3. Attend FGS in Ft. Wayne in August.
4. Get into a ProGen Study Group by July.
5. Perform a census survey/census search for each direct-line individual on my tree through my 2nd great grandparents. (See this post for explanation)
6. Obtain DNA tests for my maternal uncle, my maternal grandmother, and my father.
7. Double-check source citations in RootsMagic for accuracy. I’d like to get through my 2nd great grandparents on this one too.
8. Blog at least twice per week. I’ve really fallen off on this and I want to get back on track.
9. Add 5 new ancestor biographies to my website and update WikiTree accordingly.
10. Contribute at least two articles to society quarterly.
11. Transfer website and blog to new host. This will involve a complete redesign of my website, relinking of all my toolbox links, and transferring my blog to WordPress.
12. Join APG – probably the Second Life chapter.
13. Continue my indexing efforts for FamilySearch. I’d like to index a minimum of 100 records per month. (I know this seems low, but in light of goals #1-4, I’d like to actually be able to meet this!)
There. Those are my 13 goals for 2013. What goals do you hope to reach this year?
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.