So I completely skipped July and August’s updates. So I guess we’re doing this quarterly now.
1. Obtain the addresses, birth dates, and anniversary dates for all of my first cousins on both sides of my family … and names and birth dates of spouses and children. Oh and all my half siblings’ spouses and kids too.
Yep, still working on this one, but making progress. I have a lot of cousins.
2. Attend at least five (5) Scanfests (or equivalent) this year – and actually scan stuff.
I attended April, July, and now September. My real intent behind this goal was to get all of my photos scanned (see goal #3), and since I completed that goal, I’m using Scanfest time to transcribe my scanned documents.
3. Scan and label at least 15 photos and/or negatives each week, or until they are done, whichever happens first.
This goal is complete.
4. Attend at least two (2) genealogy conferences.
I attended FGS in Birmingham in August, and I’ll be registering this week for the Family History Expo in Atlanta in November.
5. Give at least two (2) presentations to my genealogical society.
Still trying to decide on my second topic, but it looks like I will be presenting in November. Incidentally, I’ll have my first article published in our society quarterly next month though … does that count?
6. Index at least 200 records per month at FamilySearch Indexing.
Overall, I think I have indexed about 2,300 records this year so far. That’s an average of about 250/month – not too shabby.
7. Add at least five (5) individual ancestor stories to my website.
Still only 3 new ones added. Guess I better get to work on this.
8. Blog at least twice per week.
31 total for July, August, and September, for an average of around 2.3 posts per week. Acceptable. 🙂
9. Finish reading Greenwood’s “The Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy.”
No book club for August (conflicted with FGS), and no one presented in September. We’re still on Chapter 23, scheduled for October meeting.
10. Add at least three (3) website links per week to my online toolbox.
I’ve actually been doing pretty well at keeping this folder cleaned out. I’ve added several new websites to my toolbox.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.