So, it’s not a Monday, but it is the end of the second month, and I thought I’d do a quick update just to see where I am with my goals so far.
1. Obtain the addresses, birth dates, and anniversary dates for all of my first cousins on both sides of my family … and names and birth dates of spouses and children. Oh and all my half siblings’ spouses and kids too.
Still working on this one. Awaiting responses on 2 facebook messages and one letter. Received a response to one letter. Mailed out one more. Three to go.
I missed February’s Scanfest too (I was recovering from a sinus infection and fell asleep … don’t judge). Guess I’ll try for March.
3. Scan and label at least 15 photos and/or negatives each week, or until they are done, whichever happens first.
4. Attend at least two (2) genealogy conferences.
5. Give at least two (2) presentations to my genealogical society.
6. Index at least 200 records per month at FamilySearch Indexing.
7. Add at least five (5) individual ancestor stories to my website.
8. Blog at least twice per week.
9. Finish reading Greenwood’s “The Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy.”
Not a banner month, but I’m not complaining. At least I’m making a dent in the box o’ photos that was in the closet.
I had at least one week during this month that I simply could not focus on my genealogy at all. After a thorough discussion with my Success Team, we realized that we were focusing more on the organizing and cleaning up process and less on the research, which was sort of leaching the fun out of it. So for one entire week we did nothing that we didn’t consider “fun.” I think it gave my motivation a little jump start, and now I think I’m back on track. So, thanks again Laura, for talking me down off the ledge.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.