So, it’s a month into the new year, and I thought I’d do a quick update just to see where I am with my goals so far.
1. Obtain the addresses, birth dates, and anniversary dates for all of my first cousins on both sides of my family … and names and birth dates of spouses and children. Oh and all my half siblings’ spouses and kids too.
Working on this one. I’ve mailed out three letters and sent one Facebook message (didn’t have a mailing address). I have another planned for mailing this week.
3. Scan and label at least 15 photos and/or negatives each week, or until they are done, whichever happens first.
4. Attend at least two (2) genealogy conferences.
5. Give at least two (2) presentations to my genealogical society.
6. Index at least 200 records per month at FamilySearch Indexing.
7. Add at least five (5) individual ancestor stories to my website.
8. Blog at least twice per week.
9. Finish reading Greenwood’s “The Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy.”
10. Add at least three (3) website links per week to my online toolbox.
All told, not too shabby. I’m hoping that a lot of these will become routine and it won’t be so hard to remember to put them on my weekly lists (and actually do them). A couple more will hopefully get reached in the next several weeks and I can put that energy toward some of the other, more intimidating goals.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.