My great grandfather hates me. — 2 Comments

  1. Jenny, both my mother and my mother-in-law are listed in their respective county birth registers by the name “female.” When we mentioned this at our local genealogical society meeting, it was suggested that we apply for a copy of the Social Security application for each of them. You need to provide proof of identity for a Socical Security account. Both these women had accounts so they proved “something” to the government. We haven’t sent for these applications yet. It costs $27 apiece the last time I looked. Hope this helps. (And tell me what inferential genealogy steps you’re considering, please!)
    Congratulations on the B in algebra; I know it has been worrying you.)

  2. Thanks Sue! I already have a copy of his SS-5, so that may be all the proof I need. I think that between the birth record, the census record, and the SS-5, I can make a valid connection. I will probably also see if there is a baptismal or christening record somewhere in order to strengthen the argument.

    As far as the inferential genealogy goes, I don’t really have a plan at this point, other than what I mentioned above. So far, every document I have gives the same birth date, same parents, etc. for him, so I may not need the inferential-ness just yet. I’ll let you know if that changes 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *