No, your eyes don’t deceive you … I have changed my blog template yet again. The last one was too skinny for my blog posts and felt really crowded. This one is more open and airy, don’t you think?
It’s been a busy week. Between work and school (and the new extended version of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on Blu-Ray – complete with 26 hours of extra behind-the-scene footage!! – arriving on Tuesday), I was afraid I wasn’t going to reach all of my goals, but the thought of having to admit defeat to Laura (insert ominous music here) kept me going.
Here is my list from last week:
- Work on summary for Inferential Genealogy study group.
- Read at least one back issue of Casefile Clues.
- Add list of web sources to research checklist.
- Start going through the photos I have of my ancestors and picking 5 of them that I will reprint (to eventually find interesting frames of various sizes and hang on one of the empty walls in my house).
- Blog more than once.
- I added this one after my blog post last week – to continue to try to contact the activity director at my grandmother’s assisted living facility to enlist her help with photo identification, etc.
- I finished putting together my summary for the Inferential Genealogy study group, but due to some technical difficulties we were unable to have our meeting in SecondLife on Tuesday and it has had to be rescheduled.
- Not only did I read one back issue … I read two! I read a back issue of the regular and the first issue of the Beginner series. Good stuff there!
- I added all the websites on my list to the research checklist. Thank goodness for Excel.
- This one proved to be a little more problematic once I got started. I chose my 5 photos, but I didn’t print them. Mainly because without knowing all the photos I’m going to put up, I don’t know what size I want them to me (and I haven’t been to the store to get any other size than the 4×6 photo paper I already have). This is a bigger project than I have time for right now. It’s on the back burner until after August.
- I managed to eek out 3 blog posts in addition to my weekly update (yay!)
- I talked to the activity director (Stormy – isn’t that a great name?) on Monday. She was super nice and offered to handle everything for me. She asked a lot of questions so she had a complete understanding of what I wanted and what needed to be done. I mailed the photos and the letter off on Tuesday. I can’t wait until I get it back!
- Read at least 2 back issues of Casefile Clues.
- Add at least 10 new links to my website. (I currently have 104 bookmarks that need to be added – and counting. This is going to be interesting. Whatever, baby steps, right?)
- Add more web resources to research checklist (as appropriate) from my ongoing list.
- Do a Footnote.com lookup for Laura’s ancestor.
- Blog more than once.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.