This is the start of week six of our Genealogy Success Team and we’re still going strong (well, Laura is going a little stronger than me, but there’s no “I” in “team” so it’s WE!)
I was able to technically* complete all of my goals for the week. This is what they were:
- Mail requests for military records for my GGrandfather and Granduncle.
- Finish Inferential Genealogy Case 3.
- Call the activity director at my grandmother’s assisted living center to discuss the photo project I am sending, and ask for her guidance and suggestions before I send the letter.
- Blog more than once.
- Work on summary for Inferential Genealogy study group. This is due before Tuesday.
- I ran across some copies of Casefile Clues that I printed out some time ago, but haven’t had time to read, which makes me sad because there is some really good tidbits of information in there. My goal this week is to read at least 1 issue. I hope to read more than that, but I’m sticking with 1 and we’ll see how it goes.
- A couple of weeks ago, Debbie at Mascot Manor wrote about creating a process for her research. She was kind enough to send me the Excel file for my own use, which I am in the process of tweaking. Whenever I run across a source that I want to remember to utilize in my searches, I’m writing it on a notepad. Right now I have about 15 items on that list that need to be added to the appropriate category on the research checklist.
- We’re always searching for “the one” to whom all of our research will go when we pass. I only have one daughter, and she has no children so far. So … she wins. Now I just have to hook her and reel her in. Lorine at the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog gave me a great idea to get my daughter more interested in our family history … the Ancestor Wall. I probably won’t play games with her (she’s 21), but I can still “quiz” her periodically, right? This week, I’m going to start going through the photos I have of my ancestors and picking 5 of them that I will reprint (to eventually find interesting frames of various sizes and hang on one of the empty walls in my house).
- Blog more than once.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.