Wow. I can’t believe it’s been five weeks. I told Laura this morning, this partnership has lasted longer than some of my relationships! But I digress.
This was a pretty busy week for both of us, but I am so proud of Laura for the multitude of blog posts she made this week! A grand total of 5! A blogging machine, that one.
These were my goals for last week:
- Go to first Delta Genealogical Society meeting.
- Select and send a French vital record for translation.
- Attend 4 Jamboree webinars.
- Work on Case 3 of Inferential Genealogy.
- Blog more than once.
Okay, so I went to the society meeting. I’ll be blogging about that separately … but I can tell you that I absolutely cannot wait until the next one! Wonderful people down there at the Delta Genealogical Society!
I actually ended up sending three French records for translation – not because I was greedy – but because I wasn’t sure which ones would be easier to read. They were all pretty
crappy old copies. In any case, Laura was able to get a rough draft of the transcriptions and translations to all three of them to me yesterday, which impressed the heck out of me. She must eat lots of carrots because I don’t know how she was able to make some of those words out. My eyeballs are obviously foreign-language-impaired … so much for Lasik. I think I have determined, now that the translations are done enough to make some sense out of them, that two of the records are probably not my people. Bummer, I know … but one of them is my GGGrandfather! So, yippee!
I attended not just 4 … but all 5 of the Jamboree webcasts! I posted about that here.
I wasn’t able to get to Case 3 before our meeting this morning because my homework got in the way (and took a lot longer than I really wanted), so that’s getting pushed onto this week’s list. The IG Group is meeting tomorrow night, so I absolutely have to get that done ASAP.
I was able to make 3 blog posts this week in addition to my weekly update.
This week I’m allowing
a little even more wiggle room in my goal list because I’m still getting settled with my homework and how much time it takes (obviously, the hour per night I allotted on my schedule for studying isn’t cutting it — I have been spending a minimum of 3 hours per night just getting through a chapter. Don’t judge – it’s algebra). So … here is my list for this week:
- Mail requests for military records for my GGrandfather and Granduncle (my mom got my grandmother to sign them so I could mail them off for her father’s and brother’s records).
- Finish Inferential Genealogy Case 3.
- Call the activity director at my grandmother’s assisted living center to discuss the photo project I am sending, and ask for her guidance and suggestions before I send the letter (I keep meaning to do it, but I keep leaving her number on my desk at home and she’s only there while I’m at work …)
- Blog more than once.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.