We’re off to a positive start! This was quite a successful week with completed goals, newly-found cousins, and even some surprises! I even managed to find time to revamp my blog template.
As I mentioned last week in my post here, the Genealogy Success Team is the swift kick in the pants I needed to get some things done. To recap, my goals from last week were:
1. Set a schedule for blogging, researching, and transferring data from FTM to RM4. With a full-time job and other stuff (life, etc.).
Done. Laura did, however, point out that I didn’t schedule time to eat. I think it was my subconscious telling me that I could afford to skip a meal or two.
2. Organize the pile o’ Genea-Crap on my desk.
Done. Surprisingly enough, it didn’t take me nearly as long as I thought it would. This was a little disappointing – not that it didn’t take long, but that it took me so long to get around to doing something that didn’t take that long.
3. Blog at least once this week.
4. Call the Family History Library that is 10 minutes from my house and find out when they’re open.
Since this is a long holiday weekend, my goals got a little bigger:
1. Fully transfer at least 5 people from FTM to RM4 (with corresponding hard file).
2. Fully update at least 1 WikiTree profile. (See my blog post here for the reason behind this)
3. Blog at least once this week (I’m going to start saying “other than my Success Team update post”).
4. Now that I know their hours, visit the Family History Library to ask about their process, what collections they have, etc. so I can get organized before I start researching there.
I’m not making it an official goal, but I’d like to also visit my county library and take a look at their genealogy and historical collections and see if they have anything to offer. At the very least, I may be able to post the collections on RAOGK.
I’d better go get started on my list! GO TEAM!
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Copyright 2016 - Jenny-ology.com
Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated if you purchase a product using one of those links. There is no additional cost to you. Occasionally I receive free products to review, which will be indicated in my review posts. All opinions are my own, regardless of compensation. See my full disclosures at the link above.